Military and Overseas Voters

The following information applies to persons who are overseas U.S. citizens.  It also applies to those persons who are in the uniformed services, both stateside and overseas and their family members.   Uniformed Services are defined as the U.S. Armed Forces, Merchant Marine, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Services and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.  Overseas citizens are U.S. citizens who reside outside the U.S. and are qualified to vote in Florida. 


If you would like to register to vote, change your name, update your address or party you may do so by completing the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) or the Florida Voter Registration Application and mailing it to the Supervisor of Elections.  This form must be received by the Supervisor of Elections not later than 29 days before any election.  If you are stationed on any uniformed services bases and wish to receive a copy of the FPCA, contact your voting assistance officer.  You may also find these forms at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate.   

If you are in the uniformed services and/or a civilian overseas and are away from your voting residence, you may elect to receive your vote by mail ballot by mail, e-mail or fax.  If you do not indicate your choice, your ballot will be mailed.

A Vote by Mail ballot cast for a Federal office by an overseas elector which is postmarked or signed and dated no later than the date of the Federal Election shall be counted if received no later than ten days from the date of the Federal Election and if the signature matches the signature on file.

To request a Vote by Mail ballot go to How to Request a Vote by Mail Ballot